East Coast TAS Pinot Sample 6 Pack
Winery : Various
Lots of sunshine, plenty of big, ripe pinot flavours.
Pack contains 1 each of the following wines:
- 2016 Freycinet Pinot Noir: Full-bodied pinot noir with outstanding capacity to age. Youthful at this stage with extraordinary vitality and presence; the fruit perfumed, intense and pure, wrapped in a framework of perfectly ripe tannins. Perfume with power.
- 2016 Kelvedon Pinot Noir: Vibrant, punchy, and beautifully aromatic with a warm, enveloping perfume. Tingles with flavour. Breadth and depth.
- 2013 Bream Creek Pinot Noir: GOLD MEDAL 2016 Royal Hobart Show. Located at the southern end of the East Coast at Marion Bay. Owner/viticulturist Fred Peacock is a grape-growing maestro. Characteristic Bream Creek fruit richness, in the black cherry mode, but there's an extra brightness and verve to this release. Supple, perfumed and silky.
- 2016 Milton Pinot Noir: GOLD MEDAL Cowra Wine Show. Produced from grapes grown in Milton's homestead block, planted in 1998, and from the earlier 1992 planted vines grown on the stoney red soils of the Cranbrook block. Lithe and juicy cherry fruits with savoury char and mocha. Gentle, fine tannins.
- 2014 Gala Estate 'Silver Label' Pinot Noir: Deep colour and brooding nose with the complementary elements - powder, rose petal and dark cherries against meaty/animal aromas. In the mouth smoothness rules the day. It's silky, sleek and full, with bags of sweet fruit. Fine graininess and astringency at the end.
- 2016 Spring Vale Pinot Noir: Exotic perfume - five spice mingles with sweet red cherries. Persistent flavours, the ripe fruit given a savoury touch from lightly charry oak. Medium weight.