New Zealand Pinot Luxury
Winery : Various
Great producers from Central Otago and Martinborough, rare and wonderful wines. All are backed by consumer and media acclaim and worth every pinot cent of your hard-earned dosh.
- 2016 Felton Road Cornish Pt Pinot (Central Otago): Felton Road farms four properties total 32ha in Bannockburn. Cornish Point Vineyard's close proximity to water creates a unique mesoclimate. Spicy, silky, sexy pinot.
- 2012 Escarpment Kupe Pinot (Martinborough): From Martinborough's famed Te Muna Rd area. Extra new oak with this flagship Escarpment Pinot, destined for the long haul and is only beginning to approach its best.
- 2015 Valli Bannockburn Pinot Noir (Central Otago): 'This is a wine of harmony.' Grant Taylor
- 2014/15 Dry River Pinot Noir (Martinborough): Icon producer making age-worthy pinot noirs. In this new vintage there's weight and gravitas but joyous life. Elegant yet powerful, ripe and fleshy yet perfectly structured. The fruit is focused and sweet and it is set off brilliantly by coffee/char oak that seems already to be integrated. A most giving wine.
- 2013 Ata Rangi McCrone Pinot Noir (Martinborough): Vines for the McCrone Vineyard were planted in 2001. Clonal material is a mix of the Ata Rangi Abel clone, Dijon clones and Clone 5. While these vines are obviously younger than those which generally go into the Ata Rangi label, the wine has the advantage of an extra 3 years bottle age before release.
2015 Burn Cottage Pinot Noir (Central Otago): Ted Lemon, winemaker & consultant 'Wonderfully complex aromas of fern leaf, rhubarb, potpourri and rose petal contrast with more mineral notes of dust, graphite and gravel. The palate possesses a lovely sweet attack and melts into supple, fine tannins which need a few years to completely marry to the wine. Nevertheless, the overall impression is silky and sensual.'
New Zealand Luxury Pinot Pack $515 (value $553) + free freight