The 2018 Democratic Dozen
Winery : Various
On July 28, Pinot Shop held its 11th Tasmanian Pinot Showcase. One hundred and fifty four tasters voted for their favourite pinot noirs. The dozen pack (save $55) contains two each of the following wines; one of each in the six pack. Both with FREE FREIGHT.
- 2015 Dawson & James Pinot Noir (DERWENT): GOLD MEDAL 2018 Tasmanian Wine Show. Wherever this wine is on show, people just cannot resist the sumptuous dark fruits, hints of game and alluringly silky texture with flavours that go on forever.
- 2017 Home Hill Estate Pinot Noir (HUON): Magnificent pinot from a tiny vintage. This wine will go so fast, it may slip past you if you don't act now. All the things we love from Home Hill - the sleek black fruits, mocha and cola, balance and complexity. It is an icon.
- 2015 Clemens Hill Pinot Noir (COAL R): GOLD MEDAL 2018 Tasmanian Wine Show. Partner Pinot, 'Aurelia' 777 Clone also scored very well in the voting, but this great-value gem won most of the hearts. Slurpy, flavour-packed Coal River Valley brilliance.
- 2016 Winstead Lot 7 Pinot Noir (STH MIDLANDS): It has been a delight to watch this intense and complex Pinot yield and develop in the bottle over the last few months. Neil Snare's 'inland' Bagdad location, old vines and indigenous yeast ferments all create one of the country's favourite pinots.
- 2011 Alcorso Pinot Noir (MULTI-REG): Julian Alcorso's retirement 'dream' project brings together the best parcels of fruit possible from all around the state. I could hear folk murmuring their pleasure from 10 paces away. Dreamy stuff in tip-top drinking condition.
- 2013 Wines for Joanie Late Release Pinot Noir (TAMAR): Fresh, vibrant, complex, cherry-berry fruits, white pepper spice, completely delicious and just beginning its perfect drinking zone. From a small family producer and established vines at Kayena.