USA Oregon Mixed Pinot Sample 6 Pack
Winery : Various
Layers of flavour, fine structures, savouriness and sweet fruit... Style-wise Oregon pinots are in the fuller-bodied category but with balance and elegance. There's a nice sense of otherness too; they are not Burgundy and they're not southern hemisphere pinots either. This just adds to the intrigue.
Oregon Pinot Sample 6 Pack $450 (shelf price value $466) plus FREE FREIGHT
Pack contains 1 each of these wines -
- 2013 Elk Cove Willamette Pinot Noir: One of Oregon's pioneer pinot producers. Deep cherry red with aromas of cedar wood, cherry cordial and peppercorn. In the mouth, juicy and savoury with layers of sweet cranberry, ripe tannins, raspberry and notes of warm cinnamon and lead to a long, juicy finish.
- 2012 Rex Hill Willamette Pinot Noir: Biodynamic producer, wines noted for their purity and balance. 'Ripe and generous, deftly balancing intense cherry, black currant and smoky, toasty overtones against fine, firm tannins and an open texture. The finish lingers easily. Best from 2016 through 2022.' 92 points, Harvey Steiman, Wine Spectator
2014 Stoller Reserve Pinot Noir: A blend of Stoller's favourite barrels which best articulate the characteristics of each vintage.
- 2012 Cristom Sommers Reserve Pinot Noir: 'Lithe, focused and expressive, with wet earth—accented currant, pear and floral flavors, wrapped in gentle tannins and singing expressively on the well-modulated finish. A hint of chocolate adds richness. Best after 2017.' 91 points Wine Spectator
- 2014 La Crema Willamette Pinot Noir:
- 2013 Adelsheim Pinot Noir