Wooing Tree 2012 Pinot Noir
Winery : Wooing Tree
Wooing Tree is one of Central Otago's most awarded Pinot Noirs on the New Zealand wine show circuit, and in international wine challenges. The vineyard is at Cromwell and is named for the local landmark, the Wooing Tree, the site of many a local proposal in bygone years, which stands proud in the middle of the vineyard. Pete Bartel of VinPro and his team make the wine.
Characteristically intense fruit in a silky/sumptuous package with enticing aromas, and full flavours flooding the palate. Balanced acid and fine tannins provide an excellent framework. At five years bottle age, this wine has never been, nor will ever be, in better drinking shape.
Accolades for this vintage:
- PURE GOLD Air NZ Wine Awards 2013
- PURE GOLD Air NZ Wine Awards 2014
- GOLD Royal Easter Show 2015
- GOLD Texsom International Wine Awards 2015
- GOLD International Wine Challenge London 2015 London
- ***** Raymond Chan
- ***** Cuisine Magazine