SPAIN - Red Discovery 6 Pack
Winery : Various
Bierzo to Manchuela - mencia, garnacha, tempranillo, samso and monastrell. These tried and tested Spanish reds are among the most popular from Pinot Shop's imported department.
- DJP Petalos Mencia (DO Bierzo) - as close to pinot as you can be when you're made from indigenous Spanish grape mencia. Grown at 900m, biodynamic producer, ancient vines, ultra steep slopes tilled by draught horse. Magnificent wine.
- Palacios Remondo La Montesa (Rioja) - a blend of several varieties, including garnacha (grenache), tempranillo, graciano and mazuelo. We've stocked this for several vintages now and each new release has presented as the same ultra smooth, elegant, deliciously complex and satisfying blend. Superb with a wide range of food.
- Alvaro Palacios Camins del Priorat (Priorat): Garnacha and Samso (aka cinsault) blend. Importer Scott Wasley: 'Darkly spiced, meaty and featuring root vegies, and their ashy-earth. Dark-fruited and leather-edged, with a deep, pure earthiness, nutty tannin, and a delightfully controlled rusticity.'
- Cillar de Silos Joven Tempranillo (Ribera del Duero): This DO is a premium region for tempranillo, situated to the south west of Rioja. No oak for this 'joven' - a cherry-fruited, minerally, savoury, ultra slurpy wine. Delicious.
- Bodegas Castana Hecula Monastrell (Yecla) - Incredibly soft, easy-to-drink red wine with plenty of spice and rich dark fruits. In its prime.
- Cien Y Pico Tintorera (Manchuela) - Old vine grenache. Fragrant and juicy with supple tannins.