Victorian Pinot Sample 6 Pack
Winery : Various
Pinots from Mornington, Yarra Valley and Irrewarra in our newly renovated Victorian Sample 6 pack.
- 2016 Foxeys Hangout Pinot Noir: Vintage 2016 was, for Foxey's Hangout with their 'up-the-hill' cooler sites, an outstanding vintage. The vines love a warmer year, and 2016 was it. The Estate blend comprises fruit from the original Merricks Nth vineyard plus White Gates, Kentucky Rd and Kangerong. It is a mix of MV6 and newer clones. Medium to full bodied pinot with concentration.
- 2016 Giant Steps Sexton Pinot Noir: From the Warramate Ranges. Deep and dense, the focused fruit packed in pretty tight at the moment. There's blood, stone and raspberries initially but sit and let it open and sweet blackberries emerge. Oh so mouthfilling; plenty of ripe fruit but a grown-up savoury finish with the acid adding a final refreshing fillip.
- 2015 Scorpo Merricks Nth Single Site Pinot Noir: James Halliday 95 points, Weekend Australian Magazine, March 2017 'From MV6 clone vines planted in 1997 in Merricks North; 100% destemmed, open-fermented, hand-plunged, matured for 15 months in French barriques. The palate is outstanding in depth, line and length, the fragrance growing each time it was tasted. Great structure... 95 points, drink to 2030.'
- 2015 'A Farr' Irrewarra Pinot Noir: Irrewarra is the Farr family's 'dry-grown' Pinot from the Western districts of Victoria. An inviting nose is dominated by red fruits with slate and spice. Terrific balance of acid to sweet fruit in the mouth, depth and flavours that linger. This super wine opens up splendidly at the dinner table, especially with salmon coulibiac.
- 2014 Curly Flat Pinot Noir: Ned Goodwin 97 points, James Halliday Wine Companion Magazine '...a svelte, sumptuous glide across the senses...' The small berries of vintage 2014 resulted in a more muscular pinot but the vibrant cherry fruits, chocolate and natural acidity of the region ensure Curly Flat's characteristic lithe but luscious style.
- 2013 Chemin by Punt Road Pinot Noir: Gary Walsh 93 points, Winefront. Punt Road's Coldstream vineyard is on the site of the original St Hubert's vineyard and winery. Vines were planted by the Napoleone family in the late '80s and early '90s and the first premium Punt Road wines were released in 2001. Chemin was a small volume range, representing an 'alternative path'. 100% whole bunch from MV6 wines from the Napoleone vineyard. Quite delicate and ethereal.